You are here
Travel Information to the Venue
Getting to HKU
There are several ways to reach HKU. You can choose between train, bus and taxi.
• Exiting from arrival hall, locate the Airport Express Customer Service Centre near Arrival Hall B or any Airport Express Ticket Issuing Machine. Purchase an Airport Express (機場快線) ticket to Hong Kong Station, the final station for the Airport Express train line; it will cost HKD 100 for a single journey or HKD 180 for a round trip. Make your way to the train platform by following the signs indicating “Trains to City”.
• Trains to Hong Kong station depart from the Main Arrivals Hall every 10 minutes and the journey takes approximately 25 minutes. Upon arriving at Hong Kong station, change to the Hong Kong MTR Island Line and take the train to HKU station. The journey costs HKD 5 with an Octopus card and takes approximately 7 minutes.
• Taxis are readily available at the airport. A one-way journey to HKU, which takes approximately 30 minutes, should cost about HKD 330. Charges for extra luggage and a toll are applicable.
• The public bus connecting the airport HKU is number A10 (nearest bus stop: Shek Tong Tsui Market). The 45-minute, one-way journey costs HKD 48.
Entering from Mainland China via Shenzhen
• Visitors who enter Hong Kong from Mainland China via Shenzhen can find information about transportation here
Getting Around – MTR
• With the interactive MTR journey planner (http://www.mtr.com.hk/en/customer/jp/index.php) you can input your location and desired destination and it will tell you the routes, times and prices of the trains. It is also available as an app that you can download onto your smartphone.
• A full map of the Hong Kong MTR system can also be accessed here (http://www.mtr.com.hk/en/customer/services/system_map.html). At any MTR station, you can purchase a reusable Octopus Card (deposit cost: HK$50), available at the station's Customer Service Centre, and then use this card to enter the Train platform area. On the MTR system map, find the Island Line and take the MTR to the HKU station (香港大學).