You are here
The objective of the APAN Fellowship Program is to promote "Global collaboration" through applicants participation in APAN meetings, which is held twice yearly. It is hoped that the meeting would provide them with the right environment to "network" with other researchers. It is also the intend that the participant will promote Global Collaboration among their local community after the meeting.
Fellowships are offered on a competitive basis, to be chosen from participating economies in APAN. Specifically, students (graduates and undergraduates) are encouraged to apply, although young researchers may be accorded sponsorship. Applicants whose papers are accepted for presentations will have favored status. A short note from the candidate on his/her "Motivation to Participate" may also help the reviewers in their final selection. Due to the large number of declines at the last minute owing to unavailability of airfare, it is necessary to prove that the applicant has support for airfare at the time of application.
- Candidate should be citizen of economy of Asia-Pacific region.
- Candidate should not be more than 35 years of age as on the last date of receipt of his or her application.
- Candidate must belong to University/Research & Development Community/Non-Profit organisation.
- Candidate must have support for airfare
To apply for fellowship, please complete and submit the online application form. Please ensure that you can secure airfare before making the application. Please also note the timeframes for applying for visa. You should upload a scanned copy of the official support letter for airfare with the application.
Applications involving paper presentations as well as APAN Research Workshop will be given preference. Applications sent through other means will not be considered. Online application will close at the midnight (LKT, GMT+05.30) of the deadline.
Selection Procedure and the Sequence of Events
Applications will be screened and short listed candidates will be invited to join meeting. Successful applicants will be registered by the APAN Secretariat using the details provided in the application. Therefore, please make sure that you provide the most accurate information in the application.
- Application Submission
- Selection Results
- Acknowledgement from selected fellows through email within specified date.
- In the case of non-receipt of email acknowledgement, another fellow on the waiting list will be selected.
- Waiting List announcement
- APAN Meeting
|1.||Registration Fee||Access to All Sessions/Workshops/Tutorials|
|2.||Food||Lunches, tea break (During Conference) and social events|
|3.||Local transportation||Transport Allowance (to and from Airport - accommodation site)|
|4.||Accommodation||Twin sharing (Check-in 31 July, Check-out 05 Aug)|
- Airfare is not provided. (Please do not make any requests for airfare or reimbursements since APAN does not have funds for this)
- Fellows will be required to meet the cost of dinners, execpt when there are APAN social events
- Fellows must present their passport for the purpose of identification upon arrival. You are advised to bring your passport during the conference.
- Attendance during the conference is compulsory.
- Fellowship is not transferable.
Selected fellows will be blacklisted either if they do not turn up or if they check-out their accommodation without informing in advance. In this regard, the last minute cancellations (after the accommodation facilities are arranged) are also considered as absences. During the event, fellows are required to attend opening and closing plenaries, and the fellowship meeting. Those who do not attend these sessions are deemed absentees and are subjected to be blacklisted.
|1.||Call for Applications||11 Mar 2016|
|2.||Application Deadline||22 Apr 2016|
|3.||Review by Country Reviewers||29 Apr 2016|
|4.||Announcement of fellows selected||06 May 2016|
|5.||Closing date for Email Acknowledgement from selected fellows||12 May 2016|
|6.||APAN 42 Conference||31 July to 05 Aug 2016|
Please follow the APAN Fellowship Program on Facebook to keep up with the latest updates.
[Watch] APAN Fellowship Promo Video
HD Youtube link: http://goo.gl/0SE9j